Prelude
by Beth LaBuff

Prelude

~ Come, for everything is now ready. 1 ~
***

In the kingdom of God, through a portal I peered
As the guests began to gather.
Across the threshold was a banquet hall,
And I was among the blessed, one by God invited.

A voice like a trumpet echoed, "Come inside."

Into the hall, the floor lustered like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.
Reflected on the floor, stretching on to infinity, was the length of table.
Overtop, a suspended canopy of pristine gossamer swayed in celestial breezes.
Flanking the table were chairs with lavish cushions and gold filigree backs.

The table linen was exquisitely interwoven with finely twisted threads, gold and scarlet-dyed.

Glassware reflected rainbows on the gossamer canopy.
Plates and bowls at each setting were wrought from precious stones,
Crafted from sapphire, amethyst, and ruby.
Luxurious foods loaded the table--platters of angelic fare.

At each place setting, a white stone with a new name engraved, lay beside.

The wedding guests assembled, friends of the bride and Bridegroom.
I was blessed to be among the ancients, commended for our faith.
Amidst the throng, I brushed shoulders with those arrayed in white robes,
Ushered by death out of the great tribulation.

I longed, for just a twinkling-eye moment, to here abide.

When a hush overtook us, our tongues compelled to silence,
There came from the throne a voice with rich timbre, "Praise our God, all you his servants.2"
Then my voice resounded with thousands, and thousands upon thousands,
"Hallelujah! The wedding of the Lamb has come; the bride has made herself ready.3"

Salt tear rivulets trailed down my face; overwhelmed by majesty, I cried.

And there she stood, arrayed in linen bright and clean, righteous and radiant, without stain or wrinkle.
She gazed at her Bridegroom, scarred by eternal wounds.
With the roar of rushing waters and loud peals of thunder,
My "Hallelujah" joined with that of the multitude,

For here was the awaited--The Lamb and His blood-bought bride!

***

"Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!" Revelation 19:9

"For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and the bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean was given her to wear. (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)" Revelation 19:7-8

***

1 Luke 14:17
2 Revelation 19:5
3 Revelation 19:7
(all Scripture quotations from NIV 1984)

Inspiration drawn from select verses from:
--Revelation 2, 7, 19, Matthew 22, Ephesians 5, Hebrews 11--

Copyright Beth LaBuff 2017

Before Beth LaBuff and her husband, Tilman, moved to the high desert of Arizona, she lived most of her life surrounded by the cornfields of Adair County, Iowa. 

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my_website.php?id=24676

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print