Pro-Choice or Pro-Life
by PamFord Davis

We cannot straddle the fence when taking a stand on abortion. There are those on the side of a woman's right to choose, identifiable as "Pro-Choice," believing the ending of the pregnancy is justifiable. Others categorized as "Pro-Life," stand on their convictions. They perceive that from conception-full term and delivery, the child has the right to life. We all "choose" where we will stand. I choose life.

Choices and life are major themes in the scripture; I found both as key words in the same passage. "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and holding fast to him; for that means life to you and length of days (Deuteronomy 30:19-20a NRS)."

The issue on life, in the above passage, is the life of each individual addressed by God, through Moses. It is applicable for me in my daily choices. The more I choose to be submissive to the Lord, the deeper the abundant life I receive. I hunger and thirst for more of Christ and the life he offers. I profess my faith in him as both the author and sustainer of life. Through choice, he sacrificed his life, that I would have everlasting life!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print