Make Mine `a la Mode
by PamFord Davis

"Make mine apple pie `a la Mode!" Separately, both the apple pie and vanilla ice cream is good, but together they are very good. I feel like I am getting an extra special treat. Why not splurge? The opportunity does not arise often and I will rise to the occasion.

God rewards us when we seize each opportunity to pray. "Make mine prayer `a la Mode!"
Any good pie begins with a crust foundation, prayer starts on the foundation of faith; God hears and answers prayer. The pie filling is a perfect blend of apples, sugar and cinnamon.

We fill our prayers with praise, confession, thanksgiving and requests. I have used the easy reminder in the acronym A-C-T-S.
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving
Supplication

Scoops or dollops of ice cream sit atop the apple pie. I top off prayers with portions of God's word and pray In the name of Jesus, God's Son.(1 John 5:14) Prayer `a la Mode may not be found on the menu of my favorite restaurant but it is always available and I don't need to count calories!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print