A Tad Squirrely
by PamFord Davis

It would be a far better world if we all acted a tad squirrely. True, the frame of mind implies a lack of stability but when I frame the subject with a bit of humor I get the whole picture. Squirrels are tenacious in hording their cache of nuts and yet find time to frolic with friends.

Earlier this morning I viewed two playful squirrels in my back yard. I believe acorns or fallen cracked pecans were the last thing on their peanut sized minds. They were enjoying the early morning crisp air, fresh cut grass and time with each other. They were playing.

Can I segue from work to play? The Lord entrusted the work of the kingdom to you and me. God has gifted each believer to fulfill assigned tasks; we experience great rewards when we trust and obey. (Ephesians 2:10) Yet, there is still time to go a little squirrely.

The squirrels were in their environment; it seemed as natural to frolic in the grass or scurry up a tree as seek food for next winter. "This is the day the Lord has made"; the pair of squirrels were rejoicing in it! Okay, maybe I am not ready to go chase a squirrel; I have learned a life lesson.

"There is a time to cry and a time to laugh. There is a time to be sad and a time to dance with joy (Ecclesiastes 3:4 ERV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print