Too Dark
by Verna Cole Mitchell

TOO DARK


When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. John 8:12 (NIV).

Little Nolan, our two year old grandson, was to make his acting debut in a church pageant, along with his parents and big brother, Drew. Nolan did very well in most of the rehearsals at coming in with the other children to gather around the man who was playing the part of Jesus. Though he did not have a speaking part, Nolan seized the opportunity on the first night of the programs presentation when the church lights were turned out. He shouted at the top of his strong little-boy lungs, Tooo Daaaark!

Nolans words aptly describe our world todayTOO DARK. Widespread violence is just one of the indicators of the depravity. Moral decay and the breakdown of the family have caused much sadness. People are searching aimlessly for happiness, and suicide is on the rise. Yet, there is a light in the darkness. Jesus, who died for all mankind, is the only hope for light in this sin-darkened world.

Heavenly Father, help us to let Jesus love in our hearts light the darkness around us. May we have boldness to tell others of Jesusthe Light of the World. Amen

Verna Cole Mitchell is a wife, mother, grandmother, and retired teacher, who is so grateful to God for all his blessings. Her desire is to honor God with her life and with her words.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print