Conflicting Emotions
by PamFord Davis

Do you ever deal with conflicting emotions? Life truly is comparable to a roller coaster ride. We have feelings of peace and joy, turmoil and sadness. Highs and lows not only describe an amusement park ride but our life experiences as well. The disciples of Jesus shared mountain-top experiences during His years of ministry, and valley unrest following His crucifixion. In sorrow, they cowered in fear.

"When therefore it was evening, on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, 'Peace be with you (John 20:19 NAS). His presence transformed fears of persecution to peace. Outside, religious leaders still posed a serious threat; inside, with Jesus among them they rejoiced!

"And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced when they saw the Lord (John 20:20 NAS)." They no longer saw the darkness of death and defeat; they viewed Jesus in His glory. Their roller coaster had pulled in for unloading. They exited and Jesus prepared them for a narrow path walk of service. He spoke peace unto them and sent them out with power of His Holy Spirit. (John 20:21-22)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print