Physical training
by Michael Hume

"Physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8

Godly training is of much more worth than physical. After that keeping the mind in good shape is next, for me. Then I like physical training.

Fitness training has nearly always been part of my life. It keeps me whole. Keeping fit helps fight off worries and troubles. It builds confidence and can give you a sense of well-being. I owe it to myself to look after my body as it houses the Holy Spirit. " Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit." 1 Corinthians 6:19

I need to keep fit for my job and even if I didn't it would help me keep a balanced life.

I used to run marathons, mostly on hard surfaces like roads and pavements. Now I run cross country only, do some biking and walking. Swimming is my main activity now. I have swum in lakes, swimming pools and the sea in the last two years. Outdoors is always best for swimming.

Some people, not all like the fitness side. I fully understand those who do not as I have met some and talked to them. They have the right to their view and ways.

Walking is the best physical discipline for me since it is free, and I can talk to God at the same time. It gives me a sense of freedom and adventure when I visit wild places. But swimming is a more physical activity and gets you fitter quicker than walking since you are using more energy.

My prayer is that you enjoy your sport and physical training as you do it unto God. Do it wholeheartedly if you are doing events. God bless.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print