Book Review: Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions 2
by Robert Driskell

Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions, Volume 2 by Tim Chaffey, Ken Ham and Bodie Hodge is the second installment from the Answers in Genesis team dealing with supposed contradictions in the Bible. Forty supposed biblical contradictions are dealt with in this volume.

Many times, Christians are stopped cold in their attempts to share the biblical message when someone accuses the Bible of containing contradictions. The Christian must be prepared to defend the Word of God against such attacks. This book is a helpful addition in this regard.

Being able to confront these so-called contradictions is a necessary preparation for the believer for two important reasons:

First, the believer who is prepared to give good answers to supposed Bible contradictions will be much more successful in breaking down the barriers that inhibit unbelievers coming to saving faith. We know that it is the Holy Spirit who convicts the heart, but it is our duty to be prepared to be used by God to aid in that conviction. We are to be ready with a defense for why we believe what we believe (I Peter 3:15).

Secondly, knowing that good answers exist for any question a skeptic might bring up gives the Christian more confidence in his faith and in his God. The Bible is the Word of God and it is Truth. There are no mistakes in truth. If there appears to be a contradiction in the Bible, it is due to our not fully understanding all the issues involved. Through prayer, Bible study, and helpful resources such as this book, seeming contradictions will disappear.

This volume, and its companion Volume 1, helps to prepare the believer to face the skeptic's questions. It helps acquaint the Christian with some issues that might come up in witnessing situations. Many skeptics cling to their autonomy voraciously. Many will attack the Bible, and the Christian's faith, violently. The believer must be ready for that attack.

This book helps the believer prepare a defense for some of the arguments that skeptics are liable to sling his or her way. This builds the believer's faith and stops the skeptic's argument at the same time. It makes the Christian a better prepared representative of Jesus Christ.

Christians will not be able to convince everyone we speak to of the veracity of the Word of God. However, with books like these to help us prepare our arguments, and the Holy Spirit's power working in our hearts and the skeptic's heart, we will be much more effective for the Kingdomof God.

Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions, Volume 2, and all of the books from Master Book publishers, is a helpful addition to any Christian's library.

[I received a copy of this book to review. The opinions expressed here are my own.]

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print