Comin' Down
by PamFord Davis

Collapsible items are really quite remarkable. To name a few: umbrella, chair, cane, and table. We use them all the time, and give little thought to the intricacies within each of the easily assembled modern marvels. We pop open an umbrella with the push of a button, a chair for a day at the beach, quickly activate the cane, or set up a card table with no assistance. We open collapsible items, we close, and when needed we open again.

I nearly forgot to mention pop-up camping tents. I have seen them advertised; if seeing is believing, they've sold me. The assembly and disassembly of a tent is sufficient reason for the awarding of merit badge to any camper. Yet, one fine day I'll no longer need this tent of an earthy abode. It's comin' down! "Indeed, we who in this tent groan, burdened as we are (2 Corinthians 5:4a HCS)." Burdens will be no more; I'm gettin' a new home.

"Therefore, though we are always confident and know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord-for we walk by faith, not by sight-yet we are confident and satisfied to be out of the body and at home with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8 HCS)." Instantly, with my last breath, this tent will collapse. I will never need it again. An umbrella is a real asset on a rainy day and pop-up tents amaze me; yet, the Creator keeps me covered!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print