Open Big!
by PamFord Davis

"Open big, for Mama!" I approached my target, the mouth of my child, with a baby spoon of food, eager to make my delivery. If our daughter or son cooperated, they opened, ate, and swallowed. Then, we repeated the process until they were full, the food was gone, or I gave up in frustration. Our daughter did not like baby food; our son would take his, as fast as I could spoon it to him!

We expect to spoon feed babies. As the reborn, new Christians need regular feedings by mature believers. As Christ followers begin to grow, they will naturally desire the solid food of the word more often, and will learn to feed themselves. If they only want spoon feedings, something is very wrong. The writer of Hebrews pulled no punches; he shared a message to those in need of a growth spurt!

Some Christians, prefer sucking, to chewing. "For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of God's revelation. You need milk, not solid food. Now everyone who lives on milk is inexperienced with the message about righteousness, because he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature-for those whose senses have been trained to distinguish between good and evil (Hebrews 5:12-14 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print