Joy, Joy, Joy!
by PamFord Davis

Sherry, one of my best friends, has a voice, oh-what a voice! Her high soprano rendition of "O' Holy Night" gives me spiritual goose bumps. Singers have standards that they sing often.
There is a variety of reasons that they frequently use them.

1. They like the message. It spoke to their heart; in turn, they hope it will touch listeners. 2. They like the melody. Maybe it has a catchy tune to lift our spirits. 3. They sing it by special requests.

One of Sherry's fits into all of the above categories. "Joy" may not be the actual title, but it is the decided theme. "Joy! Joy! Joy!" She delivers the message; joy spills from her spirit, joy touches my life.

My Uncle Alex, a grocer, mopped up "Joy" liquid detergent, after a spill all over the store floor. The more he tried to contain the "Joy," the more it spread! I remember how amused my parents were at the incident.

I'd guess my uncle saw little humor in his chore; yet, the concept of joy spilling over from my life, into others, I find delightful. If joy gets out of control, there would be no stopping it!

The source of true joy is obedience to Jesus. "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you (John 15:9-11-12 NIV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print