A Child Blessed
by lynn gipson

Luke 12:48 " To whom much is given, much is required"


Once upon a time not too long ago, in a land not far away, lived a princess named Elaina. Now God had blessed Elaina with the finest of minds. She learned things in a flash, and with very little effort. She could sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Twinkle, twinkle little star, every line and every stanza, at the age of two.

One day Elaina was pondering, as she often did, the idea of what she would like to be when she grew up. Her choices were just about anything. She made straight A's in school, she could sing, play the guitar, and she was artistic. So all this left her with many questions about her life.

"I know!" said Elaina to herself, "I'll ask the Lord!"

Elaina went outside, looked up toward Heaven and asked Jesus what she should be.

"What would you like to be, Elaina?" asked Jesus

"Well, I could be a movie star, or maybe a famous singer, or maybe a guitar player, I just don't know."

"Those all sound reasonable, given all of which you have been blessed with, but would those things make you happy?" asked Jesus.

"I don't know." said Elaina, "I'll have to think about that."

"That's good, my child, and while you are thinking about what would make you happy, don't forget about how much you've been given and how blessed you are." said the Lord.

The next few days the princess thought about things that made her happy. Barbie dolls, paints and crayons, showing others how to do things, helping people and making them feel better, and last but not least, God.

Then she saw Daniel, a crippled child making his way down the street. He lived two blocks down and also had trouble speaking. He smiled at her and waved so gallantly. She waved back and ran over say hello, and he blushed when she told him how well he looked and she liked his new shirt.

"Jesus loves you, Daniel!" she called as he continued down the street.

Suddenly Elaina knew how blessed she was indeed, and she knew what she wanted to be. So she went back home and called on the Lord again.

"I know what I am going to be now, Lord." said Elaina

"And what is that?" asked her Savior.

"I'm going to be a missionary doctor and help people, and I just have to tell them about you, Jesus." said Elaina, smiling.

"Why?" asked the Lord.

"Because I am so blessed. Thank you Jesus!" said Elaina, and with that she ran off to tell her mother what she would be when she grew up.




I am a 61 year cancer survivor just recently become a writer. I write short stories, articles and poems of Christian or Spritual nature.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print