A Storm Day
by Kathleen Angell

I thank the Lord. Today was a day of moving. Needing to be out tonight and not done with so much needing to be done. Having the carpet cleaner in, and not ready, getting a counter gone, and no one there for it. And being on a tight, just about non existent budget, with short tempers and probably mostly mine. Moving from a house and shop at the same time. Not alot in the run of truly hard things, but still, a storm on our sea with the currents pushing and the wind blowing on us. It would seem like the water was coming into the boat. It would seem so much is needed and required when living on just a little. We'd thought month to month meant nothing required but to say we were moving and suddenly that was a new pressure rolling over our short budgeted heads. We hadn't thought it out, much was needed we hadn't counted. So it was a time of pressing and some waves in life rolling over and over. But in it all, our trials are more precious than gold. Even our small trial in moving. I just wanted to take time to thank the Lord and not only that, but write and encourage and share. I called my husband as someone who was suppose to pick up a big counter (that the Lord had given to the shop a few years back) and no one was at the shop when they came. In the conversation my husband said we might be required to give a thirty day notice, though we were on a month to month. For some reason, I hadn't thought of that. I truly thought we had a agreement, after being through one lease for several years that in staying, we'd just tell them when ready to move. I was so upset. I cried out to the Lord. Not like in a deep prayer, but in frustration. I was just upset. It seemed like in having little- more and more were required to get out of the shop. Then in calming, thought it might still be required to do that. Just simple sense. This was a time of my fleshly nature reacting to many waves of inconvenience. The Lord is so faithful even in our times of being a bit foolish, to give stability in our thoughts. Calming, because there began to come a calm and an assurance. A calm came, and such a quiet clear assurance to commit it all to the Lord. There was the sweetest waters of a clear understanding to commit my way to the Lord, and I knew He would take care of everything and bring to pass for the best. Now so calm and leaning and reliant on the Lord. All from our Lord. He is so good and so kind. I thank Him so! Jesus giving a calm to the storm in my life and assuring all would work out if I just gave it to Him. Even in my small day, truly little trial in life's trials. But the Lord was so present to help me through and bring His peace and calm. I want to thank the Lord. For His precious presence in our lives. Truly, this is the Lord Who is the same yesterday, today and forever. There is nothing on earth like this. He's the Pearl of great price. He's the friend that sticks closer than a brother. I didn't deserve His kindness in coming into my whole being and calming me with the reassurance that if I commit it to Him, He has it in His hands. I didn't do anything to deserve that. To see the Holy Spirit give the precious thoughts of our Lord, Him coming into our lives, there is nothing like this. To have my storm calmed, there is no one like this. Who is this that even the storm and waves obey Him! I was discomforted and cranky and upset and reacting. But with the Lord's coming into the thoughts and my being so clearly, in Peace, all is calm now. I know I can go through this, and He is very present and all is in His care. I am assured by this, I can go through the trials in my life, because One greater than me is here. We ask the Lord Jesus into our lives, and He comes in and lives with us. I have forgiveness of my sins, and His Presence to help me to walk out my life for Him. And when we are in trouble, He is there with us. And when our seas become stormy, He is in the boat and His peace, and with a word from Him, it is calm and still. It is the same for each one of us. I'm thankful.



My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print