The God-Given Gift
by

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in the blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished"Romans 3:22-25 NIV




Christ dying on the cross was the ultimate sacrifice that God had given to us. The "gift" that He had given to us to live a life free of sin if we so chose to do so. Yet, many of us in our own sinful ways cannot see the goodness of this gift. We can't see it clearly because we have chosen to live outside of Him. But the good news is there is still a chance to obtain that freedom of living. However, that choice has been left up to us to make that change in our life. No one can do that change except for you.

Is the life you're currently living worth it? Is it worth leaving the goodness of Christ behind? If not, then today is that day to make the change. God has given us the gift to choose it, but it is up to us to accept it. How is then done? How do we accept God as our personal Savior, and leave the rest behind?



Matthew 7:7-8 NIV tells us, "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."



The scriptures clearly tell us the first stepask. We first have to tell God that we are ready to be a child of His. Then, when we do this the doors will be opened. It's kind of like having a friend over for a birthday party. See, unless you want that friend to be invited then the friend wouldn't come. The same is true for God. He wants to be wanted, and invited.



Secondly, the old things we once did can be no more. We have to be get rid of them instantly. If we want to be called a Christian it's kind of hard to do this when our lifestyle does not show this way of life. How can we claim to be a Christian if our life doesn't match with what our words are saying? We need to be an example for others to live by. It is important to do this because we may be the only Christ others will ever see.



"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV



So by changing the ways of the past, we can live our lives with Christ in the present as well as our future. By giving Christ our all and making Him Lord of our lives we can live the life that He wants us to live. We can only live that life in Him if we first ask Him into our hearts and lives, and secondly, if we live in step to His word.



"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:22-26 NIV



When we are right with God and our attitude is changed there is no limit as to what we can accomplish for God. But, we must live that life in Him and keep our faith alive.



Pray With Me Now: "Dear Lord, I ask you to come into my heart. I ask that you forgive me of my sins. Create in me a clean heart so that I may serve you. I love you Lord, Amen."

God gave the gift of His only Son to die on an old rugged cross for you and for me. How could we ever not want to love Him back?



"Father, Thank you for the gift of life, and for willingness to love me unconditionally. I love you, Father. Amen."



To learn more about walking with Christ you can see other sites as well by going to www.Faithwriters.com and www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com. You may also visit my blog at www.DevotionalsforBloggers.com. I hope that you have enjoyed it and that if you've accepted Christ please let me be aware so that I may pray for you daily. God Bless.











Christine M. Miller-Ramey is the owner of www.DevotionalsforBloggers.com. She has written several devotionals and many of which have been in published in online outlits and in books. 

You can follow Christine on her writing journey at www.christinemramey.com. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print