Toted a Bucket
by PamFord Davis

Neighbors knew why Clint walked with a limp; he had sustained injuries during World War II. Yet, he was an unsung hero. We barely noticed; we were too busy looking at the broad smile on his face. It was not until his resent passing, that I learned, he was the recipient of the Purple Heart. With valor and humility, he served his country. One distinct memory of Clint, stands out, in my mind. He toted a bucket.

His family needed fresh drinking water, and he toted it in a bucket. They did not have the privilege of clear drinking water straight from the tap. We lived across the street, took for granted our drinking water, accessed by twist of the handle, at the faucet. Therefore, as a little girl, I could not help but notice Clint's regular walks. He limped, back and forth, from the neighborhood fresh-water natural spring. In order to reach his destination, he had to fight heavy traffic, at the intersection of Route 5. I believe that is why I don't recollect the children carrying out the chore.

"The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail (Isaiah 58:11 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print