Better than Ragu!
by Lester Young

Have you ever been around people that were just plain negative? You know, people who, whatever the subject, can never say anything good; or, after hearing your ideas, are always telling you what you can't do and why. Ever notice their negative comments cancel out the positives? Some of them you can just see the little 'minus' sign in parentheses above their heads as they enter or leave the room.

What's up with those peoples? Well, psychology says that because they're struggling with doubts and fears and an "I can't" mindset themselves, they'll try to project that onto others, as well. But I believe there's something a little more fundamental that's at the heart of the problem, and it's this: they don't know what they have, so they're under the impression that they don't have anything (or, at most, very little). And they couldn't be more mistaken!

God's covenant with us is a contract a legally binding contract, and it's been ratified by the blood of His Son Jesus Christ. We have a copy of that contract it's called the Holy Bible. In it we can find out all the stuff that's been given to us, all the things we've inherited. Need healing? It's available. Got a broken heart? That, too. Need finances? Covered. Whatever it is you need, this Thing is better than Ragu it's in there!

Jesus, being the Son of God, was already rich. But for our sakes He became utterly poor, taking our poverty upon Himself, and in trade giving us the right to His riches (2 Corinthians 8:9). That's what the original concept of 'covenant' is all about. The parties to the agreement exchange what they have with each other their strengths, weaknesses, possessions, even their names. Through the promises in that covenant we've been given everything that pertains both to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3-4). So if you're in Christ, don't you know that you're already rich?!? Well, you are...yeah, YOU ARE!

"Okay, smart guy, if I'm so rich, where's all my money?" It's in the contract, right where it's always been. Have you looked at it lately? Get your copy and go through it with a fine-tooth comb, and don't forget the fine print. I guarantee you, it's all on our side and for our prosperity in every area of life. Once you get a good handle on what's already yours by contract, nobody will ever again be able to tell you what you can and can't do, what you can and can't have. Oh, they may try to, but you'll just end up telling them, "You're wasting your breath, you're too late. I found it in the Word, I've taken it and I'm standing on it!"

You ever notice that positives cancel out negatives?

Lester Young is a Christian writer and graphic artist in Myrtle Beach, SC. Visit his blog 'Just the GOOD news! at jtgn.wordpress.com. Connect with him on CollectiveFaith (http://collectivefaith.com/Lester-Young/info/, Facebook.com/Just the GOOD news and Twitter @Leka43.

Copyright  2012 Lester Young

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print