Find Me Standing
by PamFord Davis

I never tire of timeless episodes of "The Walton's," and "Little House on the Prairie." I soak in the narrations, penned words of fictional characters, "John Boy," and, "Half Pint-Laura". I've walked through their meadows, hiked Walton's mountain, fished in Drusilla's Pond, and waded in Walnut Grove's creek. I've sniffed apple and cinnamon, from Caroline's apple pie, and Olivia's apple cake. Guess you could say they are extended family! Set down beside me, open the photograph album; take a whirl, at John Boy's marathon dance.

The winners of the marathon dancing competition would take home a cash prize of $200, big bucks to depression era young people. John Boy Walton and Daisy Garner team up, though his mama had voiced her firm disapproval. The cute couple learns it will be no quick spin around a ballroom floor. After a few grueling days, of being on their feet around the clock, allotted only brief resting periods, the marathon takes a toll. John Boy throws in the towel, leaves for home with his concerned mama and daddy, leaving Daisy to dance on with a new partner. She was determined and did not give up.

Christians are involved in marathon ministry. Christ did not call us to follow him for a few days, but for always. It requires endurance and diligence. "God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised (Hebrews 6:10-12 NIV)." I don't want to be a wallflower; I want Christ to find me standing! (Ephesians 6:10-13)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print