The World Needs Jesus
by Kathleen Angell

I often reflect on my life, and can give praise to God that I see such a dramatic change the Lord brought to me, in my own life.

That clarity was given on the way home in the car tonight.

I drive a distance home, and on the way home a goat and two llama's were in the middle of the country road that has a lot of cars going home. At that time of night, at 45 to 50 miles an hour.

I parked the car, and they crossed the street to safety, -and I looked for their owner.

The man that came to the door I knocked at, was a bit perturbed.

He said something about them being in his yard before.

I went back to the street to keep looking for someone who knew where they belonged, and there was a young man going toward the animals.

I ask if they were his, and he was too far away to hear any answer, but I knew they were either his or his folks.

He looked bothered, too, and began herding them back to a back lot.

They weren't moving fast enough, and he had gotten in his car and began to back up fast and the llama went running as his car herded them.

I knew the couple across the street were watching and so was I.

I was hoping the young man would show patience, and not unrestraint toward the animals.

Off they went, being herded home, out of sight, and so did I, head out for home.

I said a prayer to the Lord, as I saw the man and his wife across the street that I had talked to, watching him.

I ask the Lord that the young man would be helped to do right.

I remember years ago, before I knew the Lord and even some years after, I remember being so immature, so inconsiderate, so unfaithful, so unstable, so lacking in the care of any human, much less, any animal or even myself.

Not knowing how to take good care of any thing with love.

Jesus is love, and His life, His Spirit in us, teaches us how to love.

I was thinking of this quickly, in a flash, about the place I'd come from and the change Jesus brought into my life, when I saw that young man.

How much the young men and women of the world need Jesus.

How much the world needs Jesus.

We need the Lord so badly. The world leaves us needy. Poor and needy.

Faithfulness. Love. Patience. Endurance. Kindness. That took the Lord Jesus over the years. A good and precious Lord.

I can rejoice and again, I say, rejoice!

This life of God from Jesus is worth more than precious gold or rubies or pearls or anything we could find in the world that we would look for or want.

His life is the true life that we need to be made whole. The life that every soul needs to truly, live.

I had good parents, in that they were good to me, loving to me all my life. But they could not give to me what I really needed if they didn't know how, or have what I needed. I needed Jesus. And He was kind enough to not leave me the same as I was.

I thought on the Lord, and think on life now. I was not a good mom, hardly had the mind to be one at all.

But as I watch my grandson now, I see the Love of God shed abroad in my heart going out over and covering him.

I see Jesus all the time, loving, learning from Him. Loving, loving, loving. The LIGHT of the WORLD. So different. Everything is so different with Jesus!

I see Him in my walk at home even with my animals. With everything in my life. My husband, people, strangers, things. My ways and attitudes are totally different. That is Jesus!

I have repentance for the way I treat people, and the way I treat anyone or anything.

The way I treat my marriage. Whatever I do, I need Jesus.


That is what I see today. A life made new, as I reflect on my life with Jesus.

He is who the world needs!

My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print