God's Perfect Plan
by Jacki McGuyer

Only a few years ago, before the economy tanked, before our 401k became a 101k, when the American people heard the word billion attached to the word dollars, our ears perked up. A billion dollars is a lot of money. Now our government bandies about the words trillion dollars as if they mean nothing, and we hardly blink.

Yes, our economy is in trouble, there is no doubt. Every day, people are loosing jobs; banks are failing--World-Wide; businesses are closing their doors. We can't pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV lately, without hearing about a Bailout Plan somewhere on the planet.

Promises of Deliverance

Our president has promised, if we just have patience for four more years, his new stimulus plan will create another million new jobs. What? We will have our credit back and be able to spend more money so our economy will soar once again. He promises money in every pocket--a car in every garage--a chicken in every pot. O and how about that promise of tattoo removal for the Californians and the train from Los Angeles to Los Vegas--how is that going?

No, no, you might argue, the president's first stimulus plan promised to put people to work on building infrastructure and good, clean, green, energy projects for the future of America. That's right, but didn't most of those go belly-up?

So we know what this president did--or didn't do. Now we wait and listen with hearts a-flutter, in this election year, to hear what the other guy says he will do to FIX things.

Fruit of Faith

Christian, I've heard several say we need to see our predicament from a bi-partisan perspective, but I rarely hear anyone say we need to see it from a moral point of view.

Then the Lord said to Moses, "Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country. (Exodus 6:1) This was an answer to prayer. Fruit of faith is what God can do--answer to prayer. I'm not sure what God's plan is today, but I want to be ready for it, and it seems to me, prayer is the only way.

Yes. No. Wait. These are what most people believe are God's answers to prayer, but most of the time, we want the yes answer, and as soon as possible--please. When I think back, God has answered most of my prayers with yes and wait. I remember when my mother passed; of course, I had asked all kinds of things of Him. I was consumed with gilt, unsure if I should pray for live or die. She was eighty-four years old, and ill; it took all of my energy to care for her. She'd had a long life. Before he took her home, she accepted Christ. My joy was boundless, the answer to my unspoken prayer. I believe God's answers to prayer are these. Yes, or wait for something infinitely better.

God's Covenant Name

God also said to Moses, "I am the Lord I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the Lord I did not make myself known to them. I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they lived as aliens. Moreover, I have heard the groanings of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant. (Exodus 6:2-5)

Here He seems to use His Covenant Name, Yahweh. I believe he walked with, and drew near to the Patriarchs in the body of the Son, Jesus Christ. What was the promise He made to Abraham? To give to his descendants the promised land--a land of milk and honey. Through Jesus Christ, aren't we also the descendants of Abraham? Therefore, as Christians, maybe we should examine our values.

If I remember correctly, the Israelites no sooner crossed the red sea; the waters had barely closed behind them, before they complained of thirst. God gave them water. He knew they couldn't cross the desert without it. Two days later, they were hungry. The Lord caused food to fall from the sky. Before long, they became sick of God's food. They whined and gnashed their teeth. "We want to go back to Egypt where we had meat and wine." They had forgotten about gathering stubble to make bricks. They had forgotten about the beatings.

Do we really want to go back to where this crisis began--resume our credit, spend more money? Isn't that why our country's in this mess to begin with? Satan loads our table with very appealing things until we succumb. The Prince of the Earth knows his job. He works overtime because he knows time is short. It's hard to recognize his presence in our lives, which is his plan, when we do, we sometimes justify going along. "God wants us to be comfortable. God wants us to enjoy this life. God wouldn't put these things here if he didn't want us to have them." Absolutely, God wants us to enjoy the world he gave us. Most will refer you to this scripture for proof. "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10b)

We need to read Scripture in context. Unfortunately, most people don't read the first part of this verse. Let's read John 9 and 10. (9)"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. (10) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." The key is the Gate, Christ. Going in and out is life and peace here and in heaven. The thief, Satan, will destroy us if we don't accept Christ. Only then, can we live to the fullest, both in heaven and on earth.

God Relieves Our Burden

Therefore, say to the Israelites: 'I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. (Exodus 6:6)

Like the Israelites, we, as Christians are under a heavy burden now. Actually, as Americans, we all need to make some hard choices. I know I do. I have already cut up my credit cards. I have to live on a lot less than I used to. I know some of the changes in our government aren't to my liking as a Christian. Some of the new laws go completely against my values. I'm looking forward to November, hoping my vote, along with millions of others will make a new change for the better. Until then, I will continue to call my Congressman, but mostly, I will leave it to God. II Corinthians 4:7-10 reads, But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

God's Bail Out

The Israelites were a stiff-necked people. Moses was an Israelite and no less stiff-necked than his brothers. It took a long time to get this project off and running to begin with. Yes, God could have snapped his fingers, and moved all the Israelites to the Promised Land overnight. Of course, he could have let Satan stew in his own juice, and never let him tempt Eve in the first place. Then there would have been no choice--no mercy--no freedom--no love.

I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord. (Exodus 6:7-8)

The first generation of Israelites didn't make it to the Promised Land, and neither did Moses. When our leaders promise to serve us, they raise their right hand and place their left hand on a Bible. God didn't have to place his hand on a Bible, He wrote it. He just raised his hand. God paid a high price for our freedom and redemption. God didn't save the Israelites or His adopted children through the rest of time so we could be self-sufficient. The Almighty Yahweh, the Abba Father, didn't raise His hand and promise to become our Kinsman Redeemer so we could strike out on our own. (Hebrews 13:6 and 8) So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me...?" Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Through these, He has given His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (II Peter 4)

Jacki McGuyer-Christian Fiction Author
Where fiction and inspiration come together for a great read

www.jackimcguyerauthor.com
BookTender/Editing & Proofreading Services

Jacqueline (Jacki) McGuyer is the author of two Christian Fiction novels. She has written several articles, which have appeared online and in print. She has also produced a newsletter for the children's department of her church. With every book she writes, it is her ambition to grow and be faithful to her readers. Moreover, she aspires to give them an entertaining story that will dazzle and provide honest and thoughtful information to keep them coming back for more. Above all, she is a Christian writer, and her faith guides her pen. Please visit her website, The BookTender at www.jackimcguyerauthor.com where she offers affordable editing and proofreading services.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print