Reading Comprehension
by PamFord Davis

Some perceptive educator rightfully placed reading in the three "R's" of early education. Readin`, opens the doors to Ritin`," and "Rithmetic`." Testing for reading comprehension, not only reveals a child's abilities to retain knowledge, but to comprehend, material they read.

How much of God's word do I comprehend and retain? The Apostle Paul knew the transforming power of the Holy Spirit (and written word). His preaching and prayers contained pleas for believers to concentrate and comprehend.

"[I pray] that He may grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. [I pray that] you being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and width, height and depth, and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:16-19 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print