He Waits to Hear
by Jacki McGuyer

Quiet Time and Prayer

I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
John 6:35 (NIV)

As usual, our pastor's sermon was right on point yesterday, at least for me. How often do I put off my Quiet Time until later? Then later becomes tomorrow. Then tomorrow becomeswell you know.

Fellowship with other Christians is necessary. Bible study and discipleship with other Christians is valuable, otherwise it would be difficult to mature in our faith.

Quiet Time is a way to get to know our Sovereign God on a personal level. The only opportunity to spend time with himtalk to him (pray)study his love letters to us (The Bible) alone.

When our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's death was looming, he met with his disciples in the upper room. (I paraphrase.) "You can't come with me, but not to worry, I will never leave you alone. I will send The Holy Spirit. He will be your constant companion and council you on everything. Someday I will return and take you to a special place I will make for you while I am gone. Then we will be together forever."

Then Jesus gave the disciples some Fatherly commands. "You love one another and take care of each otherset an example to others. Go out there and tell the world about our little family. Always remember whose children you are. You are going to have problems, but whatever you need I will always be close by. You can ask for anything in my name. All I have is yours and The Holy Spirit will see that if you need anything, you have it. Above all, when you are lonely or afraid, remember you belong to ME."

Then Jesus taught them to pray. In Acts, 14:13-16:26 He taught them prayer is glorifying The Father, praying In His name, connecting to HIM, relinquishing control to God and relating to the Father. He taught them that prayer is complete joy and above all takes faith. Of course, His lesson was for us all.

I know I belong to HIM. I know He keeps our Quiet Time appointment each day even if I don't. He waits patiently for my prayers because He wants to grant them.

When I was younger, before I committed my life to Christ, I had a lot of questions. I thought I found the answers to many. How can I find a job? How can I make more money? How can I be smarter? Why can't I get ahead faster? Why can't I even hold my family together? Most of these questions brought more questions. As I grew older, I found some of the questions answered themselves, and others didn't even matter. As my children came along, I found my questions changed and became more importantdefiantly more urgent. However as time went by, those too, either answered themselves or became moot.

To say hard times were sprinkled through these years would be an understatement, sometimes they were poured upon them. Questions became pleas. Even though I wasn't aware I was begging the Lord for help, I was. Even though I didn't see Him standing beside me all those times, He was there. If He hadn't been there, I would have been dead many times over. His Spirit was surrounding meunseenbut there nevertheless. He chose mehe had a plan for me, because He has a plan for everyone.

As my daughters grew into womanhood, I grew. Fortunately, God is a very good mother, and he's done an excellent job of raising them. They are exceptional women--I am so proud. Most of the time, He did it without me even being aware of His hand in the mix. Now that He's brought His Spirit into my heart, I'm able to see what I was not capable of seeing before. He walked beside my sweet babies and kept them safe. Can I ever tell Him how grateful I am? Of course not, but He has a plan for them, as He has for you. Salvation.

Yup, thirty minutes a day isn't much, and it's such a privilege just to sit quietly and reflect on the character of the King of GloryJesus Christ, my Savior. Amazing!

Jacqueline McGuyer/Christian Fiction Author
Where fiction and inspiration come together for a great read

Please see my website,
BookTender at: www.jackimcguyerauthor.com

Jacqueline (Jacki) McGuyer is the author of two Christian Fiction novels. She has written several articles, which have appeared online and in print. She has also produced a newsletter for the children's department of her church. With every book she writes, it is her ambition to grow and be faithful to her readers. Moreover, she aspires to give them an entertaining story that will dazzle and provide honest and thoughtful information to keep them coming back for more. Above all, she is a Christian writer, and her faith guides her pen. Please visit her website, The BookTender at www.jackimcguyerauthor.com where she offers affordable editing and proofreading services.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print