Lord has Need
by PamFord Davis

God owns it all; look around, everything we have is on loan from Him. It gives me a feeling of security, knowing that God, Creator, has the vast world's natural resources at his disposal. "For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalms 50:10 NAS)." He numbers the stars and the hair on our heads; yet, He gives us the privilege of sharing our assets in ways of service.

"And when they had approached Jerusalem and had come to Bethphage, to the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, 'Go into the village opposite you, and immediately, you will find a donkey tied there and a colt with her; untie them, and bring them to Me. And if anyone says something to you, you shall say, 'The Lord has need of them, and immediately he will send them (Matthew 21:1-3 NAS)."

Jesus had needs; people helped to meet those needs. The disciples were involved. "And the disciples went and did just as Jesus had directed them, and brought the donkey and the colt, and laid on them their garments, on which He sat (Matthew 21:6-7 NAS)." Bystanders, according to Mark 11:5-6, gave the disciples permission. A modern day illustration would involve individuals sharing their personal vehicles to carry people to and from church. Many also transport patients to medical facilities for cancer or dialysis treatments. "The Lord has need."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print