Be active, not passive
by Michael Hume

"From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it." Matthew 11:12

Satan makes us passive in many ways. Intimidation, psychological and telepathic wars, concealed deceptions almost too hard to detect are some. If you are not watchful, and even if you are, slowly you may become more passive in faith.

That happened to me. The Bible says to be forceful in advancing the kingdom of God. That means making sure you read the Bible , pray and listen, as much as God wants. It means using your spiritual gifts as the Holy Spirit directs. If you have the gift of tongues, you should be using it. To build yourself up, in prayer and to sing. Over many years I noticed how I went from speaking in tongues privately for hours in a day to only about a minute. Now I use it more again. I do have to exert my will.

"The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any two-edged sword." Hebrews 4:12. The Holy Spirit within us is alive and active and very sharp. Sharper than all human and Satanic spirits. We have a mighty God with us. Our faith should be alive and active. We should be on the attack with God. I read the Bible out loud sometimes to go on the attack. The Holy Spirit will lead you to your own strategies.

God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."Timothy 1:7. When we read the Bible we are getting refilled by the Holy Spirit. It makes me more alive and it is a daily discipline to read it. Plus, it leads to more disciplines. If we feel timid, weak and powerless, it is crucial to shake off those things. Clothe yourself with God instead, actively.

We should be on the attack with God. He is much stronger than everyone and everything you can see and imagine, and that exists. He is on our side to help us.


.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print