What's in Your Pocket?
by Karen Wilber

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have..." (1 Peter 3:15 NIV)

Sharing your faith is the heart of evangelism. The Pocket Testament League (PTL) believes so and they will equip you with free evangelism training and tools so you'll always be prepared.

But wait....what is evangelism? Do I knock on doors or hand out tracts on a street corner? You can, but PTL's vision is deeper than that: their goal is to equip believers for a lifestyle of evangelism. PTL's simple mission is three-fold: Read, Carry, and Share the Word of God.

Read the Word of God
PTL wants people to develop a living relationship with Jesus Christ through daily Bible study and prayer. PTL members receive a free daily devotional every weekday via email. Members have access to the free 21-Day Challenge to learn more about Jesus Christ by reading and reflecting on the Gospel of John. PTL's online guide to Bible verses will strengthen your faith and help you share the Good News with others.

Carry the Word of God
PTL equips members with evangelism tools: pocket-sized copies of the Gospel of John, available in English, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Japanese. These pocket testaments are available in different Bible translations and come in a variety of attractive designs so you can take them anywhere and share them with everyone. There's even an illustrated Gospel for children.

Dedicate a pocket to the Lord and carry a Gospel there to give away each day. Carry a Gospel in your purse, diaper bag, briefcase, backpack...(you get the idea).

PTL's evangelism ministry is supported through donations for each Gospel copy ordered by members, but members in financial need may receive support from sponsors. No one who wants to share God's Word will be turned away.

Share the Word of God
PTL's evangelism ministry puts free copies of Scripture into the hands of others, so that they can read it for themselves, perhaps for the first time. PTL members plant the seeds and the Holy Spirit helps them grow.

Members receive free evangelism training through a self-paced 7-part Evangelism Boot Camp that prepares you to share your faith.

Visit PTL's website to find over 100 creative ways to share the Gospel with others: on the go, on the job, even from home.

Community of Believers
The Pocket Testament League is not just an evangelical ministry, it's a community that encourages each other and shares prayer requests and stories. You'll find a thriving PTL community on Facebook. There's even a mobile app.

Find out more or register online for a free membership (including free daily devotionals and evangelism tools) at the Pocket Testament League's website.

You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32 NIV)

FaithWriters: the Home for Christian Writers

(c) 2012  Karen Wilber

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print