Travel Light
by PamFord Davis

Some are content to never leave the comforts of home.

Others, like me, thoroughly enjoy traveling short and long distances. I confess, when traveling for extended periods, I'm prone to pack far more than necessary.

"Just in case" may not fit in my case, but I sure give it the old college try. I push and I cram into each corner.

If wise, I'd travel light, casting aside inessentials. Only then, am I free to travel "deep," in the ways of God...

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us (Hebrews 12:1a NKJ)."

I keep the LORD at first place in my itinerary knowing my final destination is heaven and Christ paid the price.

"And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each ones work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (1 Peter 1:17-19 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print