Waiting and Wanting
by Steve Countryman

I find myself waiting and wanting too often. I have no doubt that we are living in the last of the last days. I also believe the scripture that states in Ephesians 1:4 "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world" before time began for a place and time such as this. We have a divine purpose for God's kingdom. But it takes waiting upon the Lord. Not running ahead of Him but carefully praying, studying His Word, seeking His face, growing, practicing, reciting and declaring His Word and most of all preparing. Isaiah 40:31 but they that wait for Jehovah shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

Being a Christian most of my life and being raised in church I have struggled with teachings, church routines and Christianese, (the art of speaking like a devout believer who knows nothing). "Wait upon the Lord" as to wait on a special houseguest whom you are trying to make feel welcomed in your home. Not waiting for the Lord to do something while you twiddle your thumbs.

The wanting is your hearts desire to serve your God. Wanting Him to fulfill His will and purpose for your life as you bring Him glory. The Bible speaks of Jesus coming on the clouds and the rapture of His church. But before that happens there will be one last extreme out pouring of the Holy Spirit that will shake the earth and bring millions to Christ. It is that wanting of His movement that I speak of. It is when we as the sons and daughter of the Most High God perform many and greater things than Jesus did while He was on earth that Jesus spoke of in the book of John.

The movement of the Holy Spirit will be so powerful and frequent that it will become an everyday happening. Deliverance of ALL types and kinds! People healed, raised from the dead, set free of demons and all coming to God's saving grace. This will happen everywhere, not just in church but on street corners and in stores while you are checking out. Mark 16:16-17 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

I have been guilty of being impatient with God and wanting the moving of His Holy Spirit to already happen. I have also been guilty of waiting for the movement of His Spirit. As if it would just happen and all I would have to do is wait and watch. How foolish I have been. The mighty out pouring of God's Holy Spirit will happen as God sees fit not when we think it should happen. It will happen when God feels that His children are ready for it to happen not when we think we are ready. And most importantly God's mighty and powerful outpouring of His Holy Spirit will happen to us, in us, with us, for us and through us. It is by God's grace that HE will pour out His Holy Spirit upon all flesh.

God has already performed all that He has planned for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, it is us who must wait to see it manifested on earth. God the Father will do it through us His children. It has started and will continue to grow and spread throughout all the lands. God will use those who walk daily with the Father and walk in courage and boldness of the Holy Spirit. I pray that we will all be ready for this magnificent event. For that is why we are here and why we are here at this time and in this place. So keep your eyes on Him and watch what God will do!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print