Stocks Incentive
by PamFord Davis

The stock market rises; it falls and individuals, families and nations fear a catastrophic crash. Those holding stock in conglomerates, clinch rising stocks in tight fists, and quickly ditch losers. Employers often offer stock in their big companies, as an incentive to prospective employees.

Over the years, workers see their nest egg grow. In retirement, sadly, too many see it disappear. A dear old friend, Audrey, retired from Southern Bell in the mid 1980's. Preceding her death, I doubt her stocks were as secure as she once believed. I am confident Audrey's security rested not in temporary stocks, but in eternal salvation.

"Do not gather and heap up and store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust and worm consume and destroy, and where thieves break through and steal. But gather and heap up and store for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust nor worm consume and destroy, and where thieves do not break through and steal; For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also (Matthew 6:19-21 Amplified Version)."

Thieves, working under aliases of mergers, inflation and economic downturn may reduce the value of stocks and bonds. They cannot rob us of the enduring treasure of life everlasting.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print