Let Go
by Karen Anderson

What is happiness to you? Happiness is not that giddy, out of control, whoopi, feeling. If you think this is true happiness you are living based on an untruth. It doesn't mean you can't have fun, but how can you maintain that intense feeling? It is impossible. True happiness is a sense of well-being and contentment. Can you say that you are truly happy? Remember, only you can control whether you are happy or not. It is not up to others to keep your happiness alive.

A twinkle in the eye means joy in the heart, and good news makes you feel fit as a fiddle.
Proverbs 15:30 (The Message)

There are other reasons that interfere with happiness. Think about those habits that disrupt your happiness. You may not realize that addictions and negative habits, no matter how simple or large, can stop the happiness that God has waiting for you. Be willing to let go of these addictions and take the next step. There are many addictions but you may have some others, maybe even some hidden ones that you don't want anyone to know about. These addictions can be as simple as too much TV or video games, excessive shopping, and I'm sure you can think of many more in your everyday life. You also have the more deadly ones like drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and others. You may think you are happy with these things in your life, but take any one of them away. Are you still happy? Or was your happy feeling based solely on the addiction. That is false happiness.

Why are you holding onto these destroyers of your happiness? Don't let these cause you to stumble, or worse, someone else. Remember, we are responsible for others who observe what we do. If you are not sure what to do about thisASK GOD. Put your life up against God's Word. Let Him speak to your heart and then be willing to give up your addictions. THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE WAY TO HAPPINESS! Besides, wait until you see what He has in store for you to replace those negative addictions!

Karen Anderson is an accomplished speaker, author, and chaplain and has a local TV show, Move Your Mountains.

Copyright 2013 - Karen Anderson - All rights reserved. If you would like to include any portion of this article in your letter or website, you have the author's permission as long as you include the link to Karen Anderson's website - www.doablesteps.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print