Proverbs 4:23 - Keep Your Heart with all Diligence
by Gregory Winfield

As humans, our hearts are constantly growing things. Our hearts are supposed to be the garden from which the seed of God's Word can be planted and grown. The cultivation of God's Word planted in the believer's heart ultimately produces life and peace. You can view the human heart, or spirit as rich soil that will grow any seed that is placed in it. Seeds are planted into the human spirit by what we give our attention to.

The world we live in is constantly competing for our senses. Our eyes and our ears are bombarded with information all the time. Some of that information is good, and some of it is bad. The whole purpose is for the seed, whether positive or negative, to enter into our hearts. Our responsibility is to guard our hearts from that which is bad, because once that which is bad gets past our senses and down into our spirits, the seed will produce a harvest whether we want it to or not.

Have you ever wondered why during the course of a 60 minute TV program they show the same ad 5 or 6 times? Or why catchy jingles are so irritating?

Sing along with me.......I have a Structured Settlement but I Need Cash Now!

I bet almost everyone in the US who reads this message knows who to call if they have a structured settlement. Why is that? Is it solely because of cleaver marketing? Not completely. That jungle and message has gotten past your senses and into your spirit. It's become a part of you, so if you ever do have a structured settlement and you need cash, guess who you're going to call?

God's Word is incorruptible seed. It's seed that will produce after its own kind. If you're meditating on scriptures that have to do with healing, then those are the seeds that will germinate and produce in your life. If you're meditating on scriptures that have to do with peace, then the result will be a harvest of peace in your life. If you're meditating on scriptures that have to do with love, then love will manifest in your life.

If a farmer wants a good harvest, he must first prepare the soil. It's unreasonable for the farmer to expect a decent harvest if he neglects the soil. The condition of the farmer's soil is the foundation for producing good crops. So where do you want your life to go? What issues would you like to change in your life? You may first want to ask yourself what condition your soil is in. Begin to prepare your heart, and then sow the seed of God's Word knowing that life....true life that can only come from God, will spring forth...

Proverbs 4:20 - My son, attend to my words; Incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh.

Greg's love of writing and the unique way God illustrates the truth of His Word through everyday life situations has given birth to the FaithsMessenger Blog (http://www.faithsmessenger.com). Our goal is to share biblical principles, stories and analogies in a clear, concise, and understandable way.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print