Whaaah
by Donna Wasson

OK, I can't deal with it anymore. I planned to stay out of the whole Chick-fil-A controversy but the more I read about the insipidly moronic statements from government officials, wellit's much too ludicrous for me to stay silent.

We all pretty much know what Chick-fil-A's COO, Dan Cathy, stated in a July 16th article in The Baptist Press. He affirmed that his company was guided by Judeo-Christian values, including his support of traditional marriage between a man and a woman. He stated his opinion. But because his opinion is not politically correct, he inadvertently offended gay rights activists. Therefore they decided he should be castigated, hung in effigy, boiled in oil, flayed alive, his business ruined as well as b--- slapped! So there!

Surprise, surprise, the LGBT community exploded with their typical histrionic rage; a favorite tool used by this group to vilify, intimidate and silence any hint of disagreement with their lifestyle. Whaaaaaaah, wha..whaaa, Boo-hoo-hoo, WHAAAAAH!!!! *sniff-sniff *sniff* Oh dear, Mr. Cathy offended them! What a gross error on his part, because we are ALL well versed in what happens when this group is offended. Uh-oh, here they go again. Cover your ears...WHAAAAAH!

Funny thing is...this isn't that much of an exaggeration. Sad, isn't it?

Let's think about this. Do you remember as a little kid, being naughty and doing something your Mom or Dad expressly told you not to do? What was one of the ways you acted when you were caught? After all, you knew good and well you deliberately disobeyed, and you were going to suffer the consequences.

However, like every other human being, you didn't like being told what you could or couldn't do. You thought you were perfectly capable of deciding matters for yourself. So, out of rebellion you disobeyed because you didn't feel your parents had the right or authority to be your boss. After all, who were they to order you around?

So you're caught. One trick in your arsenal was loudly yelling something like, "Well, YOU get to do it but I don't and that's not fair! You're just being hateful and mean! You don't love me! If you loved me you'd let me do that!" Whaaaaaah! What is this reaction called? Projection.

When we are in rebellion against anything and are called on it, we tend to project our bad behavior and attitude onto the person holding us accountable. It's a psychological defense mechanism we use to excuse our actions and escape the possible repercussions. And it's lame. Lame, lame, lame. It makes us look foolish and childish, not to mention being transparently obvious to other people.

The Bible makes it VERY clear that God views homosexuality as an abomination. It goes against what He created and designed, and it disgusts Him to no end. By the way, the gentle Jesus of the New Testament IS the thundering God of the Old Testament, therefore Jesus DID condemn homosexuality. Nice try though.

This lifestyle has been rammed down the throats of average Americans for years. 'You WILL accept us! You will NOT tell us we're wrong. We're gay and here to stay, so get used to it! And if you DON'T accept us and our morality, we will call you haters or homophobes or intolerant, and we'll yell it at the top of our lungs until you capitulate and give in to our demands!'

Wow. That's quite a stance to take, isn't it? Sounds like they are projecting onto us the very thing they accuse us of; being intolerant, hateful, heterophobic. Yes, heterophobic. Why in the world do they have such a militant attitude filled with exaggerated outrage? Hmmm. Why does anyone use projection?

Ah yes, I remember. It's because they are WRONG and they know it. They are acting out against nature, society, moral norms and God Himself. They know deep in their soul the reason for their anger has nothing to do with a society that doesn't automatically accept their behavior with open arms. No. The root of the matter is that they are in rebellion against Almighty God and His rules because none of us wants to be told what we can and cannot do.

ALL of us were born with a sinful nature. Learning to resist acting on our impulses is a part of growing up. We learn that we cannot take Sally's candy on the playground because she will pitch a fit and we'll get in trouble with the teacher, a/k/a the authority figure.

Another discovery we make is that, if we steal Sally's candy, Sally just might punch our lights out. We may very well suffer severe consequences for our decision to act on the impulse to steal and it would be our own fault.

So. Back to Chick-fil-A. The Mayor of Boston, Tom Morino stated, "Chick-fil-A doesn't belong in Boston. You can't have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. Same-sex marriage, same-sex couplesthat's the civil rights fight of our time. (What a slap to black folks!) To have those discriminatory policies from the top down is just something that we're not open to. We want responsible business."

Uh, Mayor Morino, Chick-fil-A doesn't 'discriminate' against gays. They hire gays. Having an opinion that is not politically correct is not 'discrimination.' It's his OPINION! By definition, opinions cannot be wrong. They are just thatan opinion. And he is entitled to his.

If Chick-fil-A's hiring policies were to exclude gays from working in their stores, then yes, that would be discriminatory. Before you accuse or castigate others, be sure to at least know what you're talking about. Look those big words up and make sure you understand the definition of what is spewing out of your mouth. Besides, Mr. Mayorwho asked you??

And then we have Chicago Mayor, Rahm Emanuel weighing in on the issue, only he doesn't know what an ironic statement he made! He said, "Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago values." Hahahahahahaahahaha!!! Really Mr. Mayor?

You're actually announcing to the world that the traditional values that form the nuclear family, an ancient structure of relationships that has been observed since the beginning of human civilization, doesn't exist in Chicago? Are the citizens living there aware of this?

You must be referring to the town that's famous for violent, thieving, murdering mobsters. That Chicago, right? The city who groomed that socialist spawn of satan currently residing in the White House; the most monumental, egregious mistake this country has ever elected to be President? The Marxist- in-chief?? Nah! You don't say.

Do you realize how imbecilic your statement was? Probably not. You were too busy regurgitating politically correct verbal diarrhea to notice you insulted your own city. What an irrational, nonsensical thing to say about the people you supposedly serve. Come back, Mr. Mayorcome back to us from the land of political correctness.

Hey you folks in Chicagoyou may want to ask your Mayor why he doesn't think any of you are honest, hardworking, equitable, kind, decent, ethical or principled because THOSE are the values of Mr. Cathy and his company, Chick-fil-A.

I've got good news for all the hysterical gays as well as Mayors Emanuel and Morino: You've taken a simple statement of opinion, overplayed your 'outrage' tool, blown one man's opinion so far out of proportion that you've exposed yourselves to be the out of touch jackasses you are!

Oh yes, the good newsThe good news is that despite your vitriolic, childish tantrum meant to punish and shame traditional American values, Chick-fil-A will probably not bother you again. However, I must inform you that your refusal to allow this company into your community will absolutely NOT injure them in any way, shape or form.

Mr. Cathy publically stood up for Biblical principles and you can bet your tiaras and tutus that Almighty God is mighty proud of that family and business. They will prosper just fine without being in your cities. Besides, you have NO idea how awesome their food is, so that leaves more for the rest of us!

Donna Wasson is all of the following: Married. Mom. Hospice RN. Avid reader. Animal lover.  Needing to spread the Gospel while there is still time.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print