Confronting Jezebel - Book Review
by Angela Doreathy Watkins

The Jezebel Principality's Orgin: The commonly used term Jezebel is actually is actually the name of the wicked Queen Jezebel, wife of King Ahab, whose stories are found in the Old Testament. She was the daughter of Ethbaal, a Sidonian king who made a trade agreement with Israel's King Ahab.

Therefore, Ahab and Jezebel both worshipped Ashteroth and Baal and introduced this perverse religion to Israel.

She Gets What She Wants - Queen Jezebel got what she wanted, and Ahab willingly gave it to her. The clear battle with the Jezebel principality desires to rule and control the people of God.

Keep in mind that Satan always attempt to counterfeit the work of God.

True Jezebel controllers, are out to destroy.

Jezebel Hates the Prophetic- In the Old Testament, no one rose up to oppose Queen Jezebel except the prophet Elijah. Jezebel was Elijah archenemy.

Elijah - Willing to Confront Evil: The prophet Elijah had enough of it. Willing to confront evil, he called for the prophets who ate at Jezebel's table to come forth: "Now therefore, send and gather all Israel to me on Mount Carmel, the four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal, and the four hundred prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel's table." (I Kings 18:19). Then he challenged everyone present.

The false prophets called on their god to consume the sacrifice, but nothing happened. They leaped about the altar and cried aloud and cut themselves until their blood gushed out but still nothing happened.

Elijah repaired the altar of the Lord and called upon Him. When the fire of God fell, it "consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench." When the people saw the power of God, "they fell on their faces; and they said, "The LORD, He is God!"

The Jezebel principality may have caused over ten million Hebrews in Elijah time to bow down to Baal, but God quickly clarified Elijah's perspective. He told the prophet, "Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him" (I Kings 19:18).

The Author Steve Sampson has written eight books about the Christian walk. He has three adult children and lives in Birmingham, Alabama.

I was provided this book by Bethany House.

Angela Watkins, http://angelawatkins57.blogspot.com 
[email protected]
Writer, Researcher, Book Reviewer

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print