Towers of Strength
by PamFord Davis

Prayer support is not optional; it is essential. We need intercessors lifting us in prayer, and in scriptures-we find commands to pray for others. We all have burdens that the Lord eases, through unceasing prayers of the faithful. Christians are not immune to trouble or temptations. We are not towers of strength; "tents of weakness" more aptly describes us, sinners saved by grace. His strength shines through, when I admit my weakness.

"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10 NAS)." I'm a 115 pound weakling that trusts a Mighty God. Keep lifting your prayers; I appreciate your concern. The prayers of many, increase our opportunities, to praise the Lord. We can expect positive results.

Apostle Paul in recounting times of affliction, brokenness and despair, did not lose heart. He regularly pleaded for prayer support. "For all things are for your sakes, that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God (2 Corinthians 4:15 NAS)." Like children at Christmas, making a list and checking it twice, we too keep lists. Jot down names on a prayer list; check off requests with prayers of thanksgiving!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print