The Power of Agreement
by Gregory Winfield

Gen 11:6 - The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. NIV

The above scripture references the Tower of Babel story in Genesis 11:1-9. In the story the people, all speaking one language, decided to make a name for themselves by building a city with a tower that reached the heavens. God, seeing that the people were in agreement, intervened and confused their language so that they couldn't understand one another and scattered them all over the earth.

That's the power of agreement. When the people are one, nothing shall be impossible unto them. This principle is true with sports teams, in corporate America, in churches, or in marriage. Notice it never said how many people were involved in the Tower of Babel incident, which leads me to believe that as few as two people can come together and unleash the mighty power of agreement.

The game plan of our enemy is to divide and conquer. Have you ever noticed that when you are living in sin (practicing sin as a way of life), your first inclination is to separate yourself from the church, from your family, and from your friends? Long established fellowships begin to break down and you begin to think that no one understands you and your unique situation. Think about this rationally for one moment. Out of all the billions upon billions of people that have ever been born, do you really think that no one has ever gone through what you're going through?

Your problem may be rare, but it's not unique. And yet, the message that the enemy will whisper in your ear is that no one will understand your predicament. DON'T FALL FOR IT! He's trying to divide and separate you from others. And when he's able to get you separated off by yourself, he can keep you defeated. Our power comes from remaining connected to others who will pray for us and get into agreement with us that God can bring us through whatever situation we find ourselves in. Again, I say there's power in agreement.

Another detrimental factor to agreement is confusion. The bible says that God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. (1 Corinthians 14:33) KJV. Confusion is discord. It's the absence of harmony. Jesus said in Matthew 18:19, "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." NIV.

Obviously the more people involved, the more challenging it will be to get everyone to agree. One of the most powerful and amazing opportunities to experience the power of agreement is simply the believer acting in agreement with God. God has given us His will (the bible), so we know with all certainty what He thinks. All we have to do is agree with it, believe it and act on it.

The person that you started out in prayer with may lose hope and stop praying. Your spouse may change his or her opinion on what you started out in agreement on. Circumstances today may be totally different than they were yesterday. But Praise God that you can get into agreement with God and trust wholeheartedly that His Word will never change.

Greg's love of writing and the unique way God illustrates the truth of His Word through everyday life situations has given birth to the FaithsMessenger Blog (http://www.faithsmessenger.com). Our goal is to share biblical principles, stories and analogies in a clear, concise, and understandable way.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print