God's Desire
by Olawale Ogunsola

Man's attempt to seek God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, has given birth to so many religions each claiming to be the 'best' and God supported.
The truth is, mankind exists to fulfill God's plan.
Then what does God desire? Hosea 6:6 reads,
'For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.'
In many religions today, the word 'mercy' has no place at all. Their 'God' instructs them to kill, maim and destroy at will.
Is that god not satan who is the thief that 'does not come except to steal, and kill, and to destroy'? John 10:10.
Many claim to have knowledge of God but strange enough, they manifest the traits of those who are ignorant.
Why does He desire mercy? Psalm 103:8 states that
'The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger abounding in mercy'.
It is important to make it known here that, to meet this desire of God, one must take a practical step. What can this be?
You must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour,after you have confessed your sins to Him and forsake them. Let Him become the Ruler of your heart and Lord of your life.
What is the relevance of this to 'mercy' and 'knowledge'? God declares in Matthew 17:5 thus
'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; HEAR HIM.'(Capitals added).
Then the Son says in John chapter fourteen verse six that
'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'
For you to have knowledge of God and to know how merciful He is, you must know Him.
How can you know Him? It is only through Jesus Christ. He says in John eight verse nineteen that
'You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.'
How do you know Jesus Christ? You have come across this message. All you need to do is make a decision now and declare as follows:
'Lord Jesus Christ, I realise that I am not free from wrong doings and I need a Saviour. I therefore confess all my sins (name them) to You and I promise to forsake them. Save me Lord Jesus. I give my life to you. Be my Lord and Saviour forever. I have vowed to love you forever. Thank You Jesus for saving me. I am now born again. Amen.'
If He is merciful enough to save you, you must show mercy to others.
As soon as you faithfully confess as above to love Him, He has this to say to you in John chapter fourteen verse twenty-three,
'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.'
Do not hesitate to instantly get a copy of the Holy Bible and meditate in it daily. By so doing God will reveal His desires to you in His Living Manual. You will know Him and His mercy. Join an assembly of God's children for growth.
Lastly, prepare for the second coming of the Lord daily. No such hope elsewhere.
Stay bless and rapturable!
NB: Scripture quotations are from New King James Version.


The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print