Prophet as a Scout brings the Report
by Gregory Booker

The prophet is like a scout who is not a member of the calvary, so to speak, but is needed and used to help the calvary know what lies ahead for their own protection. He goes into the wilderness and has expert knowledge concerning the terrain and it's inhabitants and he brings back a report that warns them and prepares them for what to expect. I remember this from the old western movies and the scout was critical to the success of the calvary's mission.

God uses a prophet for a similar role for His people. For the prophet has "searched the scriptures " diligently to know the things of God and thus hears from God in a most direct way as to what current conditions are among ourselves and what lies ahead. He works alone and has expert knowledge of the "strangers and dangers" that may be present and can advise where not to go.

There is no guarantee that the hearers will follow the prophet's message but there is a guarantee that God will give direction when change is in the wind. Often, I have come to realize that God's use of a prophet is to confirm before the people just how far the people have fallen away from Him. God already knows their heart but it is the people who do not sense their fallen ways.

Few times in history has a prophet been successful in turning the hearts of the majority of the people back to God. Instead the foreknowledge of God is proven to be correct as his people continue to backslide. This process supports the greater truth of God at work and usually becomes realized by the people after his decree is established before them!

I see a similar setting for the church community at large in our time. For the Day of Christ does not come except there come a falling away...first. A "falling away" as Paul in 2Thess 2:3 writes concerning the majority of it's member no longer in belief of something which at one time they did believe. While there will be a remnant known as "he that overcomes" will hear and follow in the light of what God is doing in our generation. Believing in the doctrine as originally established and being steadfast in the faith and hope of Christ. A true prophetic message will be hard to swallow for many and they will tend to be in unbelief and yet what the true prophet warns of is declared in scripture.

And here is a scouting report: It should not be a mystery but Zion the Deliverer and the redemption of Israel clearly is a problem for many church folk and yet it is in the Word of Romans Ch 11 among other areas. God will provide the answer but will we hear his report? History has proven that we seldom do hear. A scout brings the report and so does a prophet but the commander of the calvary can choose to ignore the advise and so can many in the church ignore the prophetic word even the pastors.

God always gives his people something to "see" with the naked eye. But it is our erroneous thinking or interpretation which causes our demise. So it was in the Garden. So it was with Jesus before Israel and so shall it be with Israel before the world. Is Israel's return of May 1948 coincidence or is it in accordance with scripture. Is it the Gentiles of many nations turn to see and be tested? My scouting report declares that my observation reveals our stubborn and stiff-necked ways are blinding us as it did Israel and according to scripture God already has that reality in His Word as well. In Christ love and By His Spirit are we delivered!

"Inspired Writings of a Prophet for Jesus the Christ" was released in 2012 and has a press release at link http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9173531.htm 
God is looking for a few good watchmen to stand at the gates from the walls  of Jerusalem and declare a few things by His Word.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print