Neglected Atheists
by Donna Wasson

The poor, widdle atheists are so jealous of the sodomites who seem to be getting all the press these days. Poor pookeys have decided to compete to see who can be as obnoxious as humanly possible. I don't knowthat's gonna be a close race!

You see, the sodomites were in the news for nearly a whole week when they were whining about the whole Chick-fil-A debacle. How embarrassing that must have been for the gay rights folks! To their utter horror, people from all walks of life, all over this country, stood in line for hours in the hot sun on August 1, 2012, to show their support for the restaurant chain's unapologetic Christian stance against same-sex marriage, as well as their 1st Amendment right to openly declare that opinion.

Of course, those who have been given over to a reprobate mind, stomped their little feet during their customary tantrum and declared they would have a 'kiss-in day' on August 4th in response. The turnout was abysmal. How embarrassing! They don't even support themselves!

And WHO, pray tell, passed some kind of city or state ordinance declaring August 4th to be the 'National Same-Sex Kiss Day at Chick-fil-A?' When was that vote held? Should we expect this self-flagellating humiliation to occur every year?

Perhaps Zach Dickerson of Chicago, IL can enlighten us. He showed up with his boyfriend and stated, "Dan Cathy is exercising his constitutional right to exercise his opinion and we are exercising our constitutional right to tell him he's wrong."

There is a marked difference between the 1st Amendment guarantee of free speech and telling Mr. Cathy he's 'wrong.' Interestingly, one is actually listed as a right in our constitution; however, the 'right' to tell someone their opinion is 'wrong' is not. Opinions can't BE wrong. You would think Mr. Dickerson would know that, but to the shame of law schools everywhere, he claims to be a lawyer. Yikes!

Oh yes, back to the atheists. Apparently they are upset polite society pays them no mind, so to push their agenda, they decided to take a page out of the sodomite's playbook by belching their boring blather in the loudest voice they can. Yes, they want to foist their abominable personal opinions upon the rest of us by filing lawsuits and buying billboard space. Only problem isNO ONE CARES WHAT THEY THINK! But no matter, by all that is not holy, we're forced to listen anyway.

The American Atheists have filed suit against the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, stating, "The plaintiffs, and each of them, are suffering, and will continue to suffer damages, both physical and emotional," from the existence and placement of the cross at the site of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

They allege the, "Named plaintiffs have suffered dyspepsia (upset stomach), symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety and mental pain and anguish from the knowledge that they are made to feel officially excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack."

Sooooo, are they saying they're upset THEY weren't included in the ranks of citizens who were directly injured on 9/11? If that's what they're after, I'm sure we would all be willing to accommodate their wishes! I would personally be MORE than happy to satisfy their obvious need to have their hineys kicked. Would that satisfy their bizarre desire to feel included with those who were injured?

The suit goes on to state that the named plaintiffs, "have seen the cross, either in person or on television, are being subjected to, and injured in consequence." American Atheists President, David Silverman, argues that the 17 foot tall, Ground Zero cross, which consists of two intersecting steel beams that survived the Twin Tower collapse, "has become a Christian icon."

He continues, "It has been blessed by so-called holy men a few times, and presented as a reminder that God, in his infinite power of goodness, who couldn't be bothered to stop the Muslim terrorists, or stop the fire, or hold up the buildings to stop 3,000 people from being crushed, cared enough to bestow upon us some rubble that resembles a cross. Ridiculous."

"The legal argument is absurd," Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel of the American Center for Law and Justice. He filed a brief with the court featuring the signatures of more than 100,000 people who are vehemently against removing the memorial. He doubts the claims are true, finding it absolutely incredible these plaintiffs are the only non-Christian people in the nation who are susceptible to such debilitating symptoms at the mere sight of the memorial piece.

How completely lame this suit is, and what a waste of the court's time. Many concur with this opinion, including the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, which described for the court that the cross is, "an important and essential artifact that comprises a key component of the retelling of the story of 9/11, in particular, the role of faith in the events of the day and particularly, during the recovery process. The Museum is not in the business of providing equal time for faiths; we are in the business of telling the story of 9/11 and the victims of 9/11."

Even fellow atheist and writer of the Washington Post's "The Spirited Atheist," Susan Jacoby, calls the lawsuit "frivolous." She agrees that the action, "misconstrues the First Amendment," and wonders if the plaintiff, Silverman, "really believes this nonsense." Of course he doesn't, Ms. Jacoby! He's just cranky and obviously needs a nap.

I want the American Center for Law and Justice, who gathered the 100,000 signatures to keep the cross in response to this asinine suit, to countersue the American Atheists in a class action complaint on behalf of the majority of the American people. As a result of their absurd complaint, the following injuries have occurred to the plaintiffs, somewhere or sometime.

Intense mental and emotional symptoms of acute distress disorder such as:

Sleeplessness
Sleeping too much
Overeating
Anorexia
Impaired relationships
Inability to enjoy pets
Anhedonia
Obsessive need to talk to house plants
Anal pain related to the incomprehensible, babbling stupidity audibly detected in the plaintiff's general vicinity
Intense anxiety due to the fear of being repeatedly subjected to the inane and insipidly moronic thought processes of the defendants
Cognitive disorders
Eating disorders
Hoarding
Poor impulse control directly related to the overwhelming desire to kick the ever loving colonic material out of every presumptuous, opposing political or societal human being who insists on invading or foisting their useless and unwanted opinion upon the rest of America's population
And so on

We could combine the legal complaint involving this same group, American Atheists, with their other pathetic, narcissistic ploy for attention; a campaign against, "the foolishness of religion in the political landscape."

This group of Godless, infantile, offensive, don't-have-anything-better-to-do-with-their-time individuals, has wasted thousands of dollars purchasing billboards to be displayed in the Charlotte, NC area during the Democratic Convention, being held there September 3-6.

This is the same organization that pushes the philosophy of "loving yourself and your fellow man rather than a god." I know this sounds similar, but this has nothing to do with the sodomite agenda. It is strictly atheistic, but one can always hope.

The billboards will feature an image of a piece of toast with a supposed image of Jesus burned into it, and states, "Christianity: Sadistic God, Useless Savior, 30,000+ versions of truth, Promotes Hate and calls it love." How quaint. Apparently this is a slam on President Obama's supposed faith. HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! Uuh-hum. Excuse me.

Another version features a man wearing glowing underwear and states: "Mormonism: God is a space alien, Baptizes dead people, Big money, Big bigotry," all obviously pointing to Mitt Romney, an avowed Mormon. This billboard was supposed to be featured in Tampa, FL, during the Republican Convention, but no billboard company in town would accept it. HA! You rock, Tampa! A city with class.

Again, according to David Silverman, President of American Atheists, "The election of our leaders in the United States is one of the most important decisions that we as citizens make. Allowing our judgment to be clouded by sheer silliness is unacceptable. We want to show the people of our country the foolishness of mixing religion with politics."

Funny thing is, Mr. Silverman, NEITHER candidate has hardly mentioned their religious beliefs so far during this campaign. YOU are the one making an issue of it! Besides, since the evidence overwhelmingly points to Mr. Obama's true loyalty and worship lies with Islam, you may want to remember to denigrate that religion in the future. Or do you not have the testosterone producing nodes to do so?

Last year when pilots refused to fly American Atheists' banner stating, "God-less America," the group whined, "The reality is that there is still a lot of bigotry out there and many companies refused to fly our banners. This just emphasizes the importance of doing this campaign!"

Noooo, it emphasizes the complete boredom and disregard America has for your point of view. Guess what, American Atheists; NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK! Save your money and take a long vacation far, far away.

Like some star struck bimbo in a B movie, you've gotten your 15 minutes of fame. Please go away now. Again, no one really cares what you think. Ironically, you guys probably mention the name of God more than most Christians do these days. How curious.

A wise friend of mine said, "It's been my experience that most people don't have an intellectual problem with God; they have a moral problem with God, disguised as an intellectual problem." Hmmm. Me thinks the American Atheists doth protest too much. Perhaps something is pricking your soul?

Just remember, it doesn't matter whether you believe in "that useless Savior" or not. He is real and His word tells us in Philippians 2:10 one day, "That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of things in heaven, and in things in earth, and in things under the earth."

That day, my atheist friends, is coming MUCH sooner than you can imagine. What will you put on your billboards then?

Donna Wasson is all of the following: Married. Mom. Hospice RN. Avid reader. Animal lover.  Needing to spread the Gospel while there is still time.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print