God's Word is the Christian's Standard of Truth
by Gregory Winfield

God's Word, the Bible is the standard by which we as Christian's strive to live our lives. God's Word is truth. But what do we do when we face real life facts that bring sadness and work to steal our joy?

As a child in the 60's I remember watching "Dragnet "with my grandmother. Dragnet was a television crime drama about the dedicated cases of Police Detective Joe Friday and his partner. In each episode when victims were being interviewed by Sergeant Friday, they would begin to get off track and stray away from the events of the crime, which would prompt Sergeant Friday to say, "All we want are the facts, ma'am"

The facts of any circumstance can't be ignored. It may be a fact that you were a victim of a terrible crime; it may be a fact that you have been diagnosed with a horrible disease; it may be a fact that you have no money in the bank. We wake up each day with the facts of life staring us in the face. Facts are real and they should be acknowledged in our lives.

But Praise God! The facts of life don't have to rule us!

God has given us the truth of His Word to rule and reign over the facts that we face in this life. Having and holding on to the truth will nullify and render facts in operable. Truth will override facts and if held on to long enough, will take the place of the facts you're currently facing.

The bible says that God's Word in truth. (John17:17). The truth is our highest authority. Nothing is higher or can nullify the truth. Therefore when I receive a horrible diagnosis from my Doctor, I can counteract the fact that I've been diagnosed with a debilitating disease with the truth of God's Word which says that by Jesus stripes, I was healed (Isaiah 53:5).

When the facts state that I don't have enough money in the bank to meet my financial obligations, I can counteract that fact with the truth of God's Word which says "My God will supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).

When I'm faced with the fact that my children seem to be going down the wrong road and heading toward a life apart from God, I can lean on the truth of God's Word with says, tells me to believe in the Lord Jesus and I and all my family will be saved (Acts 16:31).

References are made throughout the scriptures about fighting the good fight of faith, laying hold of the hope that is set before us, and using the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. All of these references have to do with taking the truth of God's Word and overcoming the facts that we face in our lives.

I encourage you today not to be moved by the facts that you're currently facing. Acknowledge the facts, then get into God's Word and find the scripture or biblical principle that addresses your particular fact and hold up the truth of God's Word against the fact that you're facing and watch your facts melt when confronted with the truth.

Greg's love of writing and the unique way God illustrates the truth of His Word through everyday life situations has given birth to the FaithsMessenger Blog (http://www.faithsmessenger.com). Our goal is to share biblical principles, stories and analogies in a clear, concise, and understandable way.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print