Homebody
by PamFord Davis

Are you a gad-about or a homebody? Our son would be perfectly content if he never left his home. The trips he takes, outside the county he resides in, are major excursions. After a hard week on his job, he is most happy when at home working on a car restoration project, or kicked back on the sofa alongside his wife watching NASCAR races. They both have successful careers, and time together alone at home is anticipated and appreciated. Ambition can deter contentment or motivate us to attain it.

"and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you; so that you may behave properly toward outsiders and not be in any need (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NAS)." Homebodies don't seek happiness across the neighbor's fence, across town or in wide-open spaces. They affirm the old adage, that there is "no place like home." As mentors, older women model fulfillment to young wives and mothers. (Titus 2:3-5) There is honor in the role of homebody. Kick off your shoes; stay a while!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print