God's Charge Against You
by Olawale Ogunsola

'Hear the word of the Lord...
For the Lord brings a charge against the inhabitants of the land:
There is no truth or mercy
Or knowledge of God in land
By swearing and lying,
Killing and stealing and committing adultery,
They break all restraint,
with bloodshed upon bloodshed.
Now let no man contend, or rebuke another.'
Hosea 4:1,2,4a
You are one of the inhabitants of this land. About the above charges, you do not need to fix the blame on someone else. You cannot hold any other person responsible but you. You don't have to engage yourself in looking for what other people are doing wrong to cover up your own.
The Lord states in Matthew 7:3-5 that
'And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, " Let me remove the speck from your eye"; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
Hypocrites! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.'
Clear yourself of this charge first, if you can. The charge can, in summary, be put as 'there are sinners (wrongdoers) in the land'. Will you say you are not one of them?
1John1:8,10 has to say,
'If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves,
and the truth is not in us.
If we say that we have not sinned, we
make Him(the Lord)
a liar, and
His word is not in us.'
What should you do about the charges now?
Agree with the fact that you are guilty of those charges and that you can not help yourself. No criminal can plead his/her cause all by himself/herself. A mediator is needed. So do you!
1 John 1:9 reads,
'If we confess our sins, he is faithful and
just to forgive us our
sins and to cleanse us
from all unrighteousness.'.
Therefore, declare as follows,
'Lord Jesus Christ, I realised that I am a sinner. I can not save myself. Have mercy on me. Forgive me. I do away with all my evil deeds today. I accept you as my Lord and Savior.
I surrender my heart to you, Lord. Give me your Holy Spirit that will lead me forever'.
You now need to become a member of the group that had enjoyed such freedom near you who reason together regularly from the Scriptures and live according to the commands of their Maker.
Stay blessed and rapturable.
NB: Every Scripture quoted is from New King James Version.
Words in brackets are added by me.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print