Father, Father!
by PamFord Davis

"Daddy, Daddy! What did you bring for me?" Children greet their fathers at the door, eager to discover what he might be giving them. The younger they are, the less it takes to please them. They delight in the gifts whether costly or cheap. The price is not paramount; satisfaction lies in the surprises from Daddy.

"Father, Father! What did you give for me?" I remember when I received His gift "But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, 'Abba, Father' (Galatians 4:4-6 NIV)."

Children quickly lose interest in Daddy's gifts. Toys gather dust on shelves, and candy is half-eaten as toddlers toss sticky pieces aside. Sadly, God's children lose the joy of their adoption into God's family; they shelve Bibles and ignore the presence, power, and promises of his Holy Spirit abiding within. "Father, Father! Forgive us!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print