Every Man Has a Price
by PamFord Davis

"Name your price!" In certain situations, an individual or firm is in such desperate need of a person's services, they urge them to set the amount of compensation. Sadly, some are convinced to compromise their convictions when tempted by offers of large sums of money. Those outside of the law cynically believe "every man has his price," and that they can buy loyalty.

King Belshazzar of Babylon sought the interpretation of God's message mysteriously written on a wall. As a horse trainer dangles carrots in front of a prize mare, he thought he could persuade Daniel with an offer too good to refuse.

"Now if you can read the writing and make known to me its interpretation, you shall be clothed with purple and have a chain of gold around your neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom (Daniel 5:16b NKJ)." The man of God was not enticed by riches and power.

"Then Daniel answered, and said before the king, 'Let your gifts be for yourself, and give your rewards to another; yet I will read the writing to the king, and make known to him the interpretation (Daniel 5:17 NKJ)." He experienced fulfillment through faithfulness to the Father!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print