God's Little Grasshoppers
by PamFord Davis

"Self-image" is not what we see in the morning mirror; it is what we perceive to be in the eyes of God and those about us. That image, like those we see in a carnival fun-house mirror, is distorted and at times grotesque. Even God's children, can consider themselves as spiritual giants, before pride leads to a fall. Many see themselves as insignificant and powerless. God freed His people from Egyptian bondage. Their self-image was flawed and perverted. They saw themselves as mere grasshoppers!

"So they brought the Israelites an evil report of the land which they had scouted out, saying, 'The land through which we went to spy it out is a land that devours its inhabitants. And all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature. There we saw the Nephilim [or giants], the sons of Anak, who come from the giants; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight (Amplified Bible)." Fearful, the Israelites also distorted the true image of God, failing to recognize Him as Mighty to save! (Isaiah 63:1b)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print