Claiming God's Promises
by Jeffrey Snell

God has given us many awesome promises, all predicated on obedience. Who better to make and keep promises than the Creator and Sustainer of all things? The Lord's promises are not like man's--based on feelings of the moment, or human commitment or reasoning, which often are flawed. His commitments are unbreakable because they are made by One who is not redirected by events, who does not change His mind (1 Samuel 15:29). There is no bedrock so solid as God's mind, revealed in His word.

When encountering those who look with disdain upon you for claiming God's promise so resolutely try to remember their perspective is often based on fear--fear of the unknown, rooted in hearts where the presence and comfort of the Holy Spirit are stifled or even absent. That is an experience all of us can empathize with. In the world's eyes, confidence in God's sovereignty looks a lot like arrogance or delusion because they do not experience any of the assurance given believers through faith in Jesus Christ. The only confidence they know is a fabricated shield, man-made protection against the reality of evil in this world, which will crumble in the end. They may also see only a partial picture of what you are proclaiming, without the foundation of knowing God.

So continue to claim God's promises around your non-believing friends, for this is a powerful part of your witness. But do not expect a positive response. And never neglect to mention how your obedience fits in, nor your saving faith in Christ which makes all His loving gifts available to you. Make sure they see in your eyes, words, and attitude that all glory for those promises belongs to God alone!

Scripture Taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
Copyright (c) 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society.

Writing since 2000, I live in the Seattle area with my wife and three children.  My passion is to draw others to a more intimate knowledge & love of Jesus through fiction & non-fiction.  To contact me, you may send an IM from my FW profile page or visit my website below.

www.washed1.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print