A MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION
by Anna Ashby-Caison

On Mother's Day 2006 my mother passed from this life into eternity with the Lord. I remember the night I got the call.

"Ann, Momma's in the hospital, you need to start praying," my youngest sister said. As I began to intercede for my mother a peace filled my bedroom where I was praying. This peace that I felt was both internal and external. It was a presence of peace all around me; hugging and holding me. So comforting and serene was this presence in my room that I laid down and went to sleep.

When the phone rang an hour later, I was told momma had died. "That's impossible," I said to myself, "how could Momma be dead when I'm experiencing so much peace?"

It still doesn't seem like she's gone until I reach for the phone to share with her an experience, or ask a question about something and I realize I can't.

I thought this day would be painfully unbearable, but it's not. Mother's Day is a day of celebration and rejoicing. I can't think of a better day than Mother's Day for a godly mother to receive the ultimate gift of fulfillment; entrance into the eternal presence of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.

Anna M. Caison, third (eldest daughter) of eleven children, born in Chicago, Illinois. She is an ordain minister, Preschool Teacher and freelance writer for adults and children.  
www.christmadeknowninme.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print