Three core disciplines
by Michael Hume

For me three core Christian disciplines stand out. They are bible reading, prayer, and fasting.

Bible reading is meat, and bread for life. We need meat, and bread to grow and to keep alive in the natural. Similarly we need the meat and bread of the word to grow and keep living in God. It makes us strong in our faith. It helps us in many ways. "All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

Intercession and prayer. He "made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:12. Jesus made intercession for all his followers. That must be several million or billion people. I was one of the sinners or transgressors he interceded for, and he still intercedes for me. We can join him by interceding for unbelievers and believers. Never underestimate intercessory prayer, and the power of prayer. Jesus was the best role model for prayer and we can learn much from his example in the bible.

Fasting. Jesus said "This kind can come out only by prayer and fasting."Mark 9:29 Certain things can only be shifted by fasting with prayer. Esther, Mordecai and many Jews fasted and prayed together in a life or death situation. Resulting in God turning the tables on their enemies. Fasting is a time of closeness with God. It is joyous and increases our faith. It empowers prayer. Jesus fasted. So did Moses and Elijah. The apostles did. We are meant to.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print