Grassroots Evangelism
by PamFord Davis

It is an election year and grassroots activists rush to crowded malls, canvas their precincts and operate telephone banks in efforts to get out the vote. They are fervent and faithful. Volunteers of all ages enthusiastically believe in their candidate and sincerely want to persuade you to become a supporter too. With conviction and a sense of urgency, they seek firm commitments to vote their candidate into office. Older children hold up signs at busy intersections; youth distribute pamphlets, and adults systematically explain valid reasons to place confidence in the man or woman they represent. The process works in all levels of government: local, state, and national elections. It takes money to run a campaign; yet, grassroots action is at the core of our Republic's government election process. It is tried and true.

Followers of Jesus Christ proclaim Him as the way, the truth and the life. He has commissioned believers to carry His message to every people group-in the midst of sprawling neighborhoods, cities of all sizes, states, and nations. We can fulfill His Great Commission through grassroots evangelism. "Then Jesus came near and said to them, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age (Matthew 28:18-20 HCS)."

Sheep follow their shepherd. They entrust their well-being into the shepherd's hands. As followers of Christ, we know we can trust Him to provide consistently and protect persistently. He is blameless in character and worthy to lead. Jesus is building a kingdom and has placed in His church the privilege and responsibility of recruiting followers (making disciples). Love is at the root of outreach. "[I pray that] you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and width, height and depth, and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:17b-19 HCS)." Join the Lord's army.
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/o/n/onwardcs.htm

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print