Finding Beauty From the Beast
by Shelia Hardie

As little girls...we all dream of being a princesses. With our fathers as our kings of our magical kingdom and the hopes of one day our prince charming will sweep us off our feet. I learned at a very young age that I was not a princess, my father was not a king, and there would never be a prince charming to sweep me off my feet. I learned at a very young age that fairy tales and dreams never came true.....only a world in which I was surrounded by a beast.

When I was a young girl, about the age of seven, the Beast would visit me while I was asleep. Always before the dawn, I felt the presence of something. Something dark and heavy. Breathing on my neck and trying to force my eyelids open, but I felt no fingers. What was this presence? Why was it after me? This presence I discovered had been a "beast" that resided in me for so many years. A beast that made me feel ugly, incompetent, ashamed, insecure, afraid, and lonely.

I am in the middle of writing a book with this title with the hopes of helping survivors of abuse of any form. Ultimately my goal is to have my book published and I will be able to speak with the survivors publicly and share my experience at a workshop or conference.

God Bless and God's Will...

I Shelia Hardie  state that all the statements are from my own experiences and cannot be credited to anyone other than myself

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print