"The Genius of Ancient Man" champions Biblical history
by Robert Driskell

Current evolutionary theory tells us that humanity evolved from some initial simple life form. It tells us that humans evolved through a series of stages; improving from ignorant brute beasts to what we are today. A new book, The Genius of Ancient Man, published by Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing Group, challenges that presupposition by offering an alternate scenario. Genius challenges current evolutionist theory by advocating that the facts of history, geology, and archeology fit the biblical record of humanity's history better than they fit the evolutionist theory.

Secular scientists believe they are operating without any preconceived ideas. They claim that they are doing scientific research with the attitude that they are simply following the evidence wherever it leads. They claim to let the facts speak for themselves. They are being disingenuous. They actually begin with the presupposition that everything can be, must be, explained in purely naturalistic terms. In other words, everything can be explained without acknowledging God's existence or participation.

Pastor Don Landis, and a team from Jackson Hole Bible College, holds a different presupposition. They believe that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God and every fact must conform to biblical truth. As it states in the book, "By starting with God, one discovers with great satisfaction that the physical world confirms the truth of His Word" (p. 15). The Genius of Ancient Man is the fruit of their research into how evidence of the true biblical account of Creation, and the Flood, is found all over the world and in all civilizations.

The Genius of Ancient Man presents evidence that the Bible's account of Creation and the Flood is seen in most cultures of the world all throughout history. The biblical account shows up in the advanced technology of ancient man; in the ability ancient man had to travel the world; in monuments, mounds, pyramids, and such found all over the world. Traces of the biblical Creation/Flood account even show up in the world's religions, legends, music, and art.

As I have been a student of the Bible for quite some time, I have often pondered how different ancient history would look if we evaluated it from a biblical view instead of the evolutionist viewpoint I was fed all through my years in public education. The Genius of Ancient Man goes a long way in showing that the actual physical evidence supports the biblical record far more consistently than the evolutionists' fantasy.

Near the end of the book there are twenty-one axioms ("a fact that ought to be a widely held and understood truth" p. 98) that are foundational to the theological stance of Jackson Hole Bible College. These axioms, and their explanations, are almost worth the price of the book by themselves.

For anyone who holds to the historical interpretation of Genesis, and those not satisfied with the evolutionist description of ancient man, this is a must-have book.





[Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this book for review by the publisher]

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print