Reins to My Heart
by PamFord Davis

"Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and will give you rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light (Matthew 11:29-30 CEV)."

If I stoop under a heavy load, I am not in his assigned yoke. He desires to hold the guiding reins.

"I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons (Psalm 16:7 KJV/ The Pilgrim Study Bible-Commentary: "MY REINS. My innermost being; my heart and affections.")

Where do my affections lead?

"Lead me to your throne of mercy, O LORD."

Take over my reins.

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb (Psalm 139:13 KJV)."

From the womb-to-tomb, His hands hold the reins.

"I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works (Revelation 2:23b KJV)."

Forever and always, our God "reigns!"

"Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth (Revelation 19:6b KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print