Be a Christian and tell them about hospice
by Janet Riley

As Christians, we want to help those who grieve. One of the best ways is providing information that will help them in their journey.

When you see a friend or family member grieving due to the illness of a loved one, do them a favor and tell them about hospice.

Hospice care focuses on providing care to make the patient with the terminal condition comfortable, and on pain management. Services available though hospice for a patient can include:

Visits by hospice nurses and staff.

Hospice volunteers with extensive training.

Chaplain visits.

Massage therapy, animal visits, even a harpist.

Hospice is also there to provide assistance and support to the family. A hospice chaplain and nurses can assist with end of life decisions. This is especially critical when your loved one did not leave instructions for end of life medical care. Do you want a feeding tube for your loved one? Antibiotics? Use of a ventilator?

Hospice also has community support groups for grieving family members, and bereavement counseling on an individual basis. Hospice staff have literature about the grieving process.

I have had to learn about hospice due to my husband's illness. God has also opened doors for me to share with others who were faced with terminal illnesses of their family members. They often did not know all of the services that hospice can provide.

One person told me she saw the hospice chaplain talk with her dad, but she was not aware of the services available for the family.

Sharing about hospice is a powerful and compassionate way to provide help to those who grieve.

Your caring could open other doors to share about the One who holds the key to eternal life.

(C) Janet Riley, 2014. I know God as a personal God who communicates with us, if we listen. I am starting on a Christian writing career and open to where God leads me. Please review my other articles at FaithWriters. I would like to hear from you. Please email at [email protected].

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print